Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Explosive Edge Athletics » News and Events

Post subject: Wayne Gretzkys impact still being felt i
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am 

No one hits a milestone quite like Wayne Gretzky.Whether it was scoring five times in one Marcus Williams Jersey evening to reach 50 goals in 39 games or breaking the NHL's all-time points record during a trip back to Edmonton with the Los Angeles Kings, Gretzky always seemed to find a way to make his entries in the record book unique.Incredibly, as The Great One pa ses one of life's significant signposts and turns 50 Wednesday, his milestones remain virtually untouched.There have been more than 13,000 NHL games played since Gretzky retired in 1999 and he's only surrendered one of his 61 recordsNicklas Lidstrom and a handful of others now have more career a sists in overtime during the regular season, no doubt aided by the change to 4-on-4 for the tiebreaker and the fact a point is now awarded to the losing team."If you're going to be pa sed Vonn Bell Jersey , you might as well be pa sed by a guy that's a great player and a Hall of Famer," Gretzky, gracious as ever, said of Lidstrom.In reality, he's been pa sed by no one."One of them had to fall," said NHL commi sioner Gary Bettman. "The fact that he has 60 records, I don't think any player in any sport has ever or can ever dominate in that way. He Trey Hendrickson Jersey was a consummate superstar amba sador for the game on and off the ice. I don't think there's anyone comparable because he's always represented this game with elegance and cla s. ..."I believe that he's in a cla s by himself."Gretzky has been without an official tie to the NHL since stepping down as coach of the Phoenix Adrian Peterson Jersey Coyotes in September 2009part of the fallout from the franchise's me sy bankruptcy proceedings.Even though he's gone, he's far from forgotten.

Board index » Explosive Edge Athletics » News and Events