Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Explosive Edge Athletics » Training » General Training Comments/Questions

Post subject: Strength Training Methods
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 am 

This is my first post as a member of EEA forum! I am intriguied to find what peoples opinions are on the methods of strength training speed and power athletes.

I have seen Shawn Myszka and EEA use methods such as the "Reactive Method" and "Lightened Method" for the squat primarily. My questions I have are:

1. Can you have the athlete jump while using both of these methods? (Instead of performing just a squat with the bands perform a squat jump with the bands attached (bottom of rack/top of rack). Or would this be to dangerous of an idea?

2. I have seen the overspeed/eccentric squats performed and personally love those, however, for a sprinter who needs sufficent reactive strength in the hamstrings would it be advisable to use the "reactive and lightened methods" for exercies such as good mornings and RDL's? Or do you feel the squat targets the hamstring and glutes well enough that there is no need for those exercies with those methods?

Anybody's (EEA Trainers/Forum Members) feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Board index » Explosive Edge Athletics » Training » General Training Comments/Questions